Paintless dent removal is a method of removing dents from the body of a vehicle. It is faster and cheaper than regular repairs and is most effective with small to medium-sized dents.
How Paintless Dent Repair Works
Paintless dent repair has four main phases. Each step is crucial in removing the blemishes and dings on your car. Here’s what you need to know:
- Check the Damage – The first thing to do is to locate and assess the damage. This includes checking all the broken panels to know if the dents are fixable through paintless dent removal. Afterward, the technicians then prepare the area surrounding the bumps or dents for the repair work.
- Gain Access to the Dent – Most indentations require the removal of body panels, interior panels, taillights, or headlights. Technicians do this to gain access to the other side of the dent.
- Analyze the Dent – The technician then assesses the dent, checking and viewing the damage at different angles to know exactly where to place and how to position the tools behind the dent.
- Massage the Dent Out – Specific tools are used to apply pressure and massage the dent. This restores the vehicle to its original shape.
Benefits of Paintless Dent Repair
If your car is qualified for paintless dent repair, you can get many benefits compared to the traditional method. Here are some of them:
- It’s a quick process because there is no painting or finishing needed. This means your car spends less time in the shop.
- It removes blemishes, dents, and dings cleanly. There is no need to have the car or body panel repainted as it doesn’t ruin the car’s original paint.
- It works equally well on aluminum or steel body panels without requiring extra work on different materials.
- It’s a cost-effective repair that is often less than your insurance deductible.
- It doesn’t result in mismatched paint on repaired body panels. Paintless dent repair avoids the trouble of matching the newly repaired panel to its original color.
- It’s environmentally safe because it doesn’t require painting; no harmful fumes or chemicals are released into the atmosphere.
Consider Paintless Dent Repair Today!
If your car has any blemishes or dents, then auto dent removal is a cheap and fast option for you! Contact Touch of Color in Louisville, KY when reporting an insurance claim for expert dent removal services.